You have arrived where Santander technology is developed.
This is not just any website because neither is our team. At Santander Global T&O we are more than 5,000 techies (and growing!) spread across different corners of the planet called Earth. We define the Santander Group’s technology strategy globally, developing most of the existing technologies and creating the rest. Collaboration is our foundation, innovation is our way of life, and providing value to the customer is our ultimate goal.
Let’s talk about mission 🚀
You can be the commander of the ship or the Princess Leia, but the mission here is the same for all of us as a Group: to help people and business prosper.
Within Technology and Operations we have an essential role to play, as we work to make the Bank the best open platform for financial services.
148 Mn Customers
We are in 8 countries
Awards and Recognitions 2021
Hybrid Cloud: Digital Leaders Award
As part of our hybrid cloud strategy, we have developed a complete solution to standardize and accelerate deployments. The solution allows us to increase agility and innovation while reducing cost by enabling more deployment options and migration platforms.
Be Tech! with Santander: Best Recruitment Strategy
At Santander Global T&O we are growing and in the last year, we have added more than 1,000 people to our team due to the bank’s great commitment to technology. To this end, we created Be Tech! with Santander, a disruptive and very ambitious recruitment plan, which has been recognized by HR Excellence Awards in the category: Best Recruitment and Workforce Planning Strategy.
Self-Driven Finance Analytics & AI Award
Efma-Accenture recognizes Santander in the Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) category at the Banking Innovation Awards 2021. Self-Driven Finance is a data-driven initiative powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) that provides customers with crucial information that enables them to manage their finances responsibly.
Hybrid Cloud Agility & Innovation Award
At the Byte IT Awards for the best digital transformation projects, Santander was awarded the prize for Agility, innovation, and efficiency with the hybrid cloud. The project has been developed globally and coordinated in all countries to ensure success and with the collaboration of one of our main partners such as HPE.
Diversity Champion & Insights Pioneer Talent Awards
In their Talent Awards, LinkedIn recognizes companies and individuals around the world who have excelled over the past year in talent management, creating inclusive workplaces, and using real-time insights to deliver the best to our employees. At Santander, we have been doubly recognized!
And now, let’s get down, what we do is Tech.
Our technology integrates digital capabilities such as Agile and DevOps ways of working, the public and private Cloud, the evolution of core systems, as well as the development of technological capabilities (APIs, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, BlockChain, etc.), data and the global Cybersecurity of all Santander banks.
- Agile: We are evolving our organization into learning organizations and adapting our processes to support continuous change. Agile Mindset and way of working are instrumental in this transformation. That’s why we work in Agile teams made of members with different T-shaped skills, self-sufficient, empowered and DevOps.
- Cloud: We developed a hybrid Cloud strategy, which brings us the advantages of the Public Cloud and the Private Cloud. Our Cloud adoption program is among the fastest in the world, driving the bank’s digital transformation and improving customer experience.
- Core System: Evolution of our current Core Banking solutions towards our Edelweiss strategy. Edelweiss is a 2-years strategy that gathers projects, architecture and initiatives to transform the Core Banking into a customer-centric and low cost platform.
- Data: Data is key for the banking business to make better decisions and to develop better and more robust processes. Our vision is to go to a single data marketplace and become a data-driven organization.
- Cyber: In our daily work, we lay the foundations, establish global cybersecurity services and strengthen the defenses of all banks. In addition, we help drive a security culture and awareness for employees and customers.